Current Notices

Invite to Year 13 Leavers' Church Service

Picture of J Woodburn (Staff)
Invite to Year 13 Leavers' Church Service
by J Woodburn (Staff) - Monday, 15 May 2017, 9:47 AM

Dear Parents and Guardians

I’ve just had a delightful morning watching some Year 13 students give their words of wisdom to lower school pupils in their final assembly run, and I’m sure that you, like me, can probably not quite believe that they are only weeks away from leaving school.

I’m emailing to invite you to the Leavers’ Church Service on their final day.  This is at St Mary’s on Friday 26th May starting at 12.25pm.   We have an Entertainment Evening the night before and the Ball on Friday evening, as well as a packed final assembly that morning, but this church event is a time for reflection as they embark on the next chapter of their lives and last year we invited parents to share this occasion and it was lovely to see so many attend.  If you would like to come to this please email Jenny Woodburn on j.woodburn@queenelizabeth.cumbria.sch.uk to confirm attendance and then we can calculate seating arrangements.

Of course when students leave school many keep in contact with us and join our Alumni.  Several former students contact us to help them with UCAS applications or ask us to be referees and we are always very happy to do this.  Equally, during the exam season we are here to provide support and on A Level Results day, Thursday 17th August we are open from 8.30am to help students with the next steps in the UCAS process.  We are in school on both Thursday and Friday and contactable on emails if it seems too busy on the day.

As this is my last email communication with you I’d like to thank you for all your support over the years.  We are always immensely grateful to have such supportive parents and we appreciate all that you have done for our school community.

Yours sincerely

Cathy O’Neill

Deputy Headteacher