Free school meals are available for your child(ren) if you are receiving one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Support (IS);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA);
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of April 2012 does not exceed £16,190.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit;
Please note: if you are in receipt of working tax credit you will not be eligible for free school meals.
If you receive one of these benefits, your child will be entitled to Free School Meals. To claim the Free School Meals, please complete the application form via the link below, or by completing the attached form.
Due to our cashless catering system, claiming a free school meal in school is completely anonymous.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about Free School Meals and claiming them, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For more details on the Cumbria Council website, click here.